Making your own homemade hardwood floor cleaner can be economical. You can even find the raw materials and ingredients in your kitchen. You will be proud to find that your homemade cleaner has been proven to work. Caring for the cleanliness of the hardwood floor is easy. No special care is required for daily cleaning. It only takes some simple mixing ingredients and your floor will be clean again.
If your home floor is hardwood or laminate flooring, you may apply the steps that I will share. However, there are some points you should consider before you practice in making homemade cleaner.
- Type of your floor, how it is finished and the sealer.
- Avoid water for use on waxed floors.
- Use an amount of water to clean any type of hardwood, but not in large quantities because the water will cause damage.
- 1- micro fiber rag.
- 1- microfiber mop.
- 1- fine-mist spray bottle.
- 1- sweep or vacuum.
- 4 glass of warm water.
- ¼- cup of vinegar.
- ¼- cup rubbing alcohol.
- 4 drops of dish soap.
- 10 drops of essential oils: apple, lavender, orange, lemon, tea tree, or peppermint (optional).
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to clean it from dust and dirt.
- Add all ingredients to the spray bottle.
- Shake the spray bottle to mix them.
- Spray the cleaner on the floor surfaces.
- Scrub the surfaces by following the grain of the hardwood in one direction by using a soft micro fiber rag.
- Dry your floor with a soft microfiber mop.
Why adding vinegar?
- Vinegar has a function to add flavor to your cooking, but also it has other functions as an excellent household cleaner. As mixed materials to make floor cleaner, you cannot pour it directly on the surface of your floors. If you do, then you will damage your hardwood floors. It is better to dissolve the vinegar and clean water with the correct composition.
Olive Oil Leaves
- Adding olive oil leaves will giving a nice and natural sheen to your wood floors. Dissolve it with a small amount of water. Simply spray it onto the surface of your floor. Use a damp mop. Allow it dry.
How to maintain the beauty of your woods floor?
- To keep the beauty and cleanliness of your hardwood floor surfaces, simply sweep or vacuum frequently at least twice a week. Always clean it immediately for any drop oils or water stains. The accumulation of dirt and dust will make your floor look so dull. If your floor looks very dull, then do the cleaning using your homemade hardwood floor cleaner.
- Use area rugs for high foot traffic.
- Use furniture pads for your heavy furniture.