One of the most impressive ways to decor your home is by changing the flooring. Unfortunately, it can also need a lot of budgets. I have simple tips for you about DIY stained concrete floors that are giving beautiful look and budget friendly. I guarantee you that this product is extremely DIY friendly.
If you want to make your concrete floor look new, here are the steps you need to follow:
STEP ONE: Clean the Concrete
- First is vacuum the concrete. It should be meticulously cleaned.
- Spray the floor with the mixture of a half neutra-clean and water in a bottle of sprayer.
- Then scrub the floor gently.
- You may repeat the process with less soap and more water.
- Wait for it dry. You can use the fan as an aid.
STEP TWO: Staining the Concrete
- Mix the stain at a 1:1 ratio with water in a sprayer.
- Spray the edges of the room first and then spray to the rest of the room.
- The stain is acid. Please wear gloves and rubber boots to protect your skin for this step.
- It is important to know the correct technique when you begin with the application. This is done in order to get satisfactory results.
STEP THREE: Clean Up the Floor
- The most important step is to clean and neutralize your floor from the acid stained concrete. It is very important to ensure that you have the desired effect.
- Before it is sealed, the surface is still prone to be exposed to unintentional staining and damage. Be careful to wet and neutralize the entire area to avoid any boot print.
STEP FOUR: Allow the Floor to Dry
- Once the concrete becomes dry, apply a sealant coating.
- This smearing should be done correctly so it will not cause roller lines, leave the fibers and even peel on the surface. You can apply some techniques, such as back rolling, cross-hatch rolling, and spraying.
- Before you apply it, it would be better if you use the manufacturer-recommended sealer.
- The result depends on the stain you use and the amount of stain you use you apply.
- You can’t erase or undo the stain once you have applied. Your only option is adding more stain to intensify the effect.
- When the result is unsatisfying or you accidentally have done small error, then the only choice is adding more stain to intensify the effect.