If your dog accidentally urinates on the surface of your wood floor, you need to know how to remove urine attached to the floor so as not to cause odors. You can make your own cleaning products from your household appliances in your kitchen. Here are the steps you can apply to clean dog urine on wood floors.
PREPARING EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
- Spray bottle
- Tissue or paper towel
- UV lights that can be held (This light will help you find the dog’s urine stain.)
- Enzymatic cleaner (This material is best used to clean new stains that have not been cleaned. You can get these cleansers in supermarkets, animal supply stores, and on the internet.)
- Baking soda (This natural odor remover is safe to use for cleaning the wood floor and furniture. It can help neutralize the odor on your carpet or floor.)
- White vinegar
- Hydrogen peroxide liquid
- Soap dish liquid
A. CLEANING NEW URINE STAINS
- Spray the affected part of the urine with an enzymatic cleanser. Leave it on for the recommended time in the package while it cleans the odor.
- Spray clean water onto the stain. Use a wet vacuum to suck up the dirty water. If you do not have this tool, use a dry tissue to absorb the dirty water. Immediately wipe the wet surface. Do not spray too much water on the stain. Too much water can cause the floor to become damp.
- Sprinkle the affected part of the urine with baking soda to make its smell completely lost.
- Let the baking soda dry out. If possible, open a window to drain air into the room.
- Vacuum the leftover baking soda after it dries. Repeat this step if the stain has not disappeared.
B. CLEANING OLD URINE STAINS
- It will be easier to do this at night so that the stain you can see more easily.
- Turn on your UV lights. Take some sheets of paper so you can mark the stained spot. Mark the spot where you see white urine stains under UV lights.
- Use a solution of white vinegar and water to clean the affected surface of the urine. Make this solution at 50:50. For example, if you use 500ml of water, then you should use 500ml of vinegar. The amount of solution you make will depend on how much the point or surface is affected by your dog’s urine.
- Spray the vinegar and water solution on the affected surface. Brush the surface of the urine gently using a sponge or cloth.
- Use paper towels or tissues with high absorbency to absorb the remaining solution.
- After the surface is completely dry, sprinkle the baking soda on the surface.
- Make a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and dishwashing soap. Mix 250ml of liquid hydrogen peroxide (with a concentration of 3%) with 5ml dish soap in a spray bottle.
- Make sure that the liquid hydrogen peroxide you use has a concentration of 3% because greater concentration can actually damage your floor. You should also make sure that the dish soap you use doesn’t contain bleach because it can leave stains on your wooden floor.
- Spray a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and brush using a soft-made sponge.
- Allow the surface to dry perfectly. This drying may take up to a day.
NOTE: The old urine has not been cleaned before may fade the color of your wooden floor.