Laminate floors are quite attractive for some people because it has a hardwood floor look. They are durable and relatively easy to maintain. But you should not be careless. If you apply an incorrect treatment of cleaning the floor, you can actually damage the shiny finish. But buying a specialty floor cleaner is also quite expensive. To resolve this, you can create a practical and economical homemade laminate floor cleaner, which is very safe for children and pets, also easy to make. The following information shows materials and ingredients you need also steps to clean up your floors.
- 2 cup of water
- 1⁄3 cup of white vinegar
- 4/3 cup of isopropyl alcohol
- 3 drops of liquid dishwashing soap
- 10 drops of lemon, orange, apple, lavender essential oils (optional)
- A spray bottle
- A microfiber mop or rag
- A vacuum or sweep
Directions for Use:
- Vacuum or sweep the floor surfaces. It is important to lift the dust and dirt that accumulate. Sweeping is also very useful to help you when mopping the surfaces.
- Combine all ingredients in a fine-mist spray bottle and shake gently. Make sure you have a good combination.
- Spray the cleaner fluid on the floor surfaces.
- Clean by wiping with a clean damp microfiber rag or mop in one direction only. Do not rub roughly.
- Leave the room and do not move anything while the floor is still wet or damp.
- Allow the wet floor becomes dry naturally.
Things you must know!
- A bottle of isopropyl alcohol that you may already have at home has other benefits for you in fact. It is useful to help avoid scratches on the floor of your laminate when cleaned. The isopropyl alcohol also helps to speed up the drying process.
- Vinegar is an economical solution for cleaning. But the smells will quite disturb your breathing.
- The use of essential oils can help disguise the powerful vinegar odor.
- Adding a few drops of dishwashing liquid as floor cleaning fluid can help to rinse it. The dishwashing liquid is relatively cheap, easy to buy and store.
- White vinegar is a safe, friendly, and non-allergenic cleaner for your children. The acetic acid contained therein is very useful as a killer of germs and bacteria or anti-microbial. You can use it as a mixture for your laminate floor cleaner. However, it is also very helpful to clean many areas of your home, such as mirrors, glass tables, and window glass.
Actually, it is simple to make your laminate floor clean, isn’t it? With some materials you have in your kitchen, you can make a cheap and safe homemade laminate floor cleaner in just 15 minutes.