Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) is a type of floor that is quite popular. But there are also some people who prefer other floor types, for example, solid hardwoods, laminate, stained concrete, and etc. LVT or known as vinyl flooring is made of 3D printing technology that offers realistic look like wood, natural stone, and ceramic. Vinyl flooring is one of the most widely used alternatives because it looks “tricky” at a very cheap price compared to the type of floor that is imitated. Vinyl floors are available in two forms: vinyl tile and vinyl roll. A vinyl tile has a square shape, while the vinyl roll is a sheet with a certain length. Both only need adhesives in the application.
As an artificial floor, vinyl flooring is available in a variety of interesting motifs and textures that almost resemble the original. For example, a vinyl floor that is made to resemble the solid hardwood or ceramic display, then the impression is displayed will be like a wooden or ceramic. Vinyl flooring is also durable because the material is made of rubbers. Those are two of the advantages possessed by the vinyl floors. Keep reading to find more about LVT Flooring Pros and Cons.
LVT Flooring Pros
- It is an inexpensive floor type.
- The treatments are easy. You just keep the floor always clean by sweeping and mopping the surface.
- There is a wide selection of colors and styles provided.
- The installation process is very easy. You just need to remove the adhesive on the bottom of the vinyl floor then paste it on the surface of your floor.
- The vinyl floor can last about 10 years.
- This is a floor that is resistant to termites and fungi.
LVT Flooring Cons
- Vinyl tiles cannot be installed for wet areas such as the bathroom or shower floors.
- Vinyl is not highly recommended for those of you who are sensitive to polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- Easily damaged when exposed to sharp objects and friction from heavy furniture.
- It is very important to make sure that the floor surface is flat. The floor should be clean without any dirt in order to prevent tearing.
- If your vinyl floor is broken, you should replace it. An improper exfoliation process will damage your floor.
- Vinyl ceramic floors do not have the ability to absorb sound well from hard floor surfaces.
- LVT texture is very hard and less comfortable when stepped on.
Having a clean and neat house would be a dream of many people because such a house can provide comfort for the home owner. The use of appropriate home flooring can be one of the comforting factors. Some people feel confused when determining the type of floor that will be applied to a home interior. This is reasonable because there are many flooring options are offered, starts from the looks, the price until the installation process. So before you buy vinyl floors, make sure first whether the floor vinyl tile is the floor you need.