Choosing the type of floor coating used to coat the garage floor is an important thing to consider. Some people choose to use concrete to coat the garage floor which makes the garage look dirty, unattractive and dark. We have tips and tricks to help you create a little touch to make your garage floor look attractive. The key is to use rocksolid garage floor coating.
This rocksolid metallic garage floor coating will amaze you with the results and you probably will not believe it. The result you will get is a display that will last longer and be resistant to foot traffic and vehicle.
Materials You Need:
- 200 sq ft – Rocksolid Oil Destroyer and Degreaser
- 125 sq ft of Rocksolid Metallic Garage Floor Coating Kit – Earth Brown
- 2 parts of Polycuramine
- Extension Pole
- 3″ Paint Brush
- Stir Stick
- Clean Water Supply
Step 1: Preparing the Concrete Floor
- Take out all the objects and empty the garage area.
- Sweep the entire floor area. Do not miss the edges.
- Rub any heavily-soiled areas with Rocksolid Oil Destroyer. Use a brush to remove any oil or stains.
- Then etch the entire garage floor surface with the Concrete Etch.
- Rinse the degreaser off the concrete with clean running water.
- Allow it dry.
- Tape off to cover the edge area between wall and concrete.
Step 2: Preparing the Polycuramine
Start by scrolling the top side to the bottom then right to left. Pull up the center of the pouch then shake it to mix well. Squeeze the edges of the pouch. Mix it for about 2-3 minutes. Once the contents of the pouch are well blended, cut one end of the pouch and pour the mixture into a clean bucket.
Step 3: Mix the Polycuramine and Metallic Tint
Add the metallic tint (Copper Pot) into the bucket. Mix the two ingredients using a stir stick for about 2-5 minutes. Stir until well blended.
Step 4: Coat
- Spread the coating. Pour the mixture near the edges of the floor. Trim the mixture using a brush. Once the edges are closed, you can use a roller to cover the rest of the surface in 5 ‘x 5’ sections. Apply the coat from the front to the back so you do not get caught between the wet floor surfaces.
- Once you are done with the rolling technique and the entire surface of the floor has been covered, use your roller with a circular technique (as you wipe your car glass). This will give your floor an incredibly cool look after the floor dries out perfectly.
- After your garage floor is perfectly coated, allow it dry for 24 hours. While do not use your garage as a vehicle. The drying process is also strongly influenced by the temperature outside or indoors. If the temperature is cold, it may take up to 36 hours.
Always read and follow each instruction on the Rocksolid Oil Destroyer, Polycuramine and metallic tint packaging to get great results.