Flooring is the basic part of a space that has an important role to strengthen the existence of objects that are in space. In general, the function of flooring is to form the character of space. When people walk on the floor, the characters appear are durable, not slippery, solid and strong. From the aesthetic side, the floor serves to enhance the look of a room. The color theme can take any concept according to the character you want to display, such as traditional ethnic, modern minimalist, and retro.
Actually, there are two types of flooring materials that are often used for the home floor. The first is natural-based floor (natural) and the second is artificial-based (processed/synthesis). From the two basic materials come various types of floor materials that we can choose to use as our home floor. Here are types of flooring materials:
This material is often used because of its easy installation, cheap price, easy maintenance, and create a cool atmosphere. There are 2 kinds of ceramic, ceramic slippery/smooth (used for indoor which is dry floor) and ceramic textured/rough (used for outdoor and wet floor, such as terrace, bathroom, laundry, and garage). A variety of ceramic textures are sold on the market which is visually similar to other types of materials, for example, ceramic textured marble, granite, wood, stone, brick and etc.
- Its surface is very easy to clean.
- Ceramic flooring can create a cool atmosphere.
- This flooring type is very suitable for the tropical country.
- The tile floor feels very hard.
- Edge on each ceramic feels rough and absorbs dirt easily.
- Ceramic designs tend to look cold and rigid.
Granite has more dense pores, so it has less possibility to enter water and dirt. Granite has the impression of a cold and sturdy impression. Granite rocks are obtained from granite mountains. Nowadays you can have artificial granite with more motif and cheap price.
- Granite is the most powerful type of floor compared to other types.
- It can add earthy and esthetic impression on each dwelling.
- It looks very luxurious.
- The price is expensive compared to other floors.
- The installation is quite complicated.
- This is slippery when exposed to wet.
Vinyl is a floor covering material made from synthetic polymers enhanced by pigmentation and color enhancement. You will find vinyl flooring in the form of wood floors. But it turns out there is also a vinyl floor that has the look of natural rocks, animal skins, tiles, even the latest motifs. There are actually 2 types of vinyl flooring, vinyl tile (having a square ceramic tile shape) and a vinyl board (similar to hardwood floor pieces). Both need the glue to fit it on your floor.
- The price of the vinyl floor is relatively very cheap.
- It is easy to install and clean.
- Vinyl flooring is flexible, durable, not easily damaged, and waterproof.
- If it is damaged or torn, this should be replaced.
- It contains many chemical elements.
Today more and more people who prefer to use the type of floor with a natural look. Hard wood flooring made from original wood pieces. Wood pieces are processed without mixing with other materials so as to make a premium quality. Hardwood floor is formed into small pieces that are connected and locked to cover the entire surface of the floor.
- Hardwood can be used for more than 50 years by giving a touch of re-coloration within a certain period.
- The use of this type of flooring gives the impression of natural but also luxurious.
- The installation is relatively difficult and takes a long time.
- Hardwood cannot resist hot objects and water on its surface.
- It can shrink and expand depending on weather conditions.
- Hardwood is easily scratched by sharp objects
- The price of hard wood floor type is also quite expensive.