There are so many ways to decorate the walls. Besides painting and coating with wallpaper, using wood flooring on walls is also a good idea. Sticking the pallet woods that cover the entire surface of the wall can enhance the value of the house aesthetic. The result is the wall will look more modern and classy. Especially if you have lots of unused wooden pallet rest, you can save money without having to buy new wood in the store. Are you curious? Do not worry, here we give tips for you. Some things you should look at and prepare before wood installation on the wall:
- Make sure the wall area to be installed of wood pallets has a flat surface and is not wavy.
- The installation is not on the moist, wet, and moldy wall.
- Before the installation of pallet wood, the wall must be installed with triplex boards first. The thick of boards is between 9 mm-12 mm.
- Pallet Woods (with the number and size as needed)
- Triplex Boards (fit to the size of the wall)
- Drill screw
- Wood Politur
- Wood Stain or Paint
- Wood Preservative Liquid
- Anti Termite Liquid (100ml) is diluted with about 3-4 liters of water
- Wall Gauge
The Preparation Process
- Choose hardwood pallets that are still in good shape.
- Clean the wood from the remnants of dirt, then soak in the wood preservative liquid. Do as directed by the application. Typically, this immersion takes up to days.
- Rub the wooden pallets using sandpaper until they are completely smooth. If necessary, cut out the uneven parts. Uneven wood conditions will make the wall looks ugly.
- Then apply the stains/paint and politur to give a nice look, not easily weathered and attacked by termites. Wait for 1 day or until the wood is completely dry.
- Cut the triplex boards to the size of the wall. Then apply the termite anti-fluid that has been diluted sufficiently to the whole surface.
The Installation Process
- Install the triplex boards using screws on the wall. Place the screws on all ends of the boards. This will make the boards cannot be separated from the wall.
- Arrange wood pallets according to their size horizontally.
- Install the wooden pallets by attaching the screws at each end, starting from the bottom. Continue mounting upwards, until the wall surface is fully closed.
- Adjust the installation in the location of a socket and light switch. Cut the parts of the wood that blocked the switch or the socket.
- Make sure the wall is completely flat, so the installation of wood pallets can be good and flat.
- For a unique look, you can provide a different paint or stain colors for some wooden slats. Then stacking them irregularly. The result given is the wall will look more rustic.
- Wooden pallets may also not be installed over the entire wall so that it still shows the surface of the painted walls.
It is very easy, isn’t it? You can do it yourself at home. Good luck!