The door is one of the most important elements in a building. The front door is one part of the house that is often exposed to the heat of the sun and rain besides windows and walls. Therefore, you would not be surprised if over time the front door display turns into dull, paint peeling or the door texture becomes brittle. If these problems are happening on your front door, do not worry, we will share the solution. There is the best way to paint a front door that you can do. The first way is to apply the varnish on your front door. Varnish is great for polishing doors because of its ability without removing natural wood fibers and providing a glossy finish. Check out the steps below.
- Prepare the necessary materials, such as sandpaper, varnish, brush, water, a container for liquids and mask.
- Use the sandpaper to scrub the front door surface of dirt and remaining oil until it is smooth and clean.
- Then prepare the varnish. Open the tin cover and dilute it with water and then stir it evenly.
- Use a mask to start the staining. Apply varnish to the surface of the wooden door using a brush. Apply varnish in one direction only and should not be too thick. Wait until the surface of the door is dry enough to be re-sanded. At this stage, you will find wooden fibers that arise.
- Then reapply the varnish again. You can do this step several times to get a satisfactory result. However, keep in mind. When you apply the varnish on the door, you have to wait until it dries to avoid bubbles on the door surface.
Then the second way is to use paint on your front door. Here are the steps:
- The first thing to do is to remove the old paint coating that is still attached to the door with the wood paint product.
- Then use a slightly rough sandpaper to smooth your front door. This is done so that dirt, mold, and dust attached can be removed. Clean with a circular motion but not too hard.
- After that, apply the primary wood door paint. Apply with one-way movement only. Choose quality primary paint. If you do not want to use primary paint, you can use putty. Putty wood serves to close wood pores so that wood paint can stick longer and the result is good
- After you finish with the base paint, wait until it is completely dry. Then, use sandpaper once more so that the end result will be smoother. Do not forget to clean the remnants of sanding results that are still attached.
- Once you are done, repaint your front door using the desired paint color. In addition, you can use a varnish to produce glossy and natural looks, you can also provide other colors on your door. Maybe yellow, blue, black or gray can be applied.
- Wait until the first layer is dry before you add the second layer of the same wood paint. It is important not to apply the second coat of paint before the first coat is dry because the end result will create small bubbles.
- For the last stage, apply the clear top coating as the third coat. Clear wood paint is made for the look of the door can last longer and resistant to UV sun rays.