Keeping the floor clean is always going to affect the health of your family and yourself especially when you have children. Therefore, you need to sweep and mop the floor every day to keep it well maintained and free of dust, dirt, and germs. Indeed, the easiest way to clean the floor is to use a liquid made from chemicals. But, maybe it would be better if you start using natural ingredients as your floor cleaner.
Research conducted by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine found harmful chemicals in home cleaning products that can trigger asthma in children. Daily use can also irritate the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract, and trigger a rise in blood pressure. To avoid the negative effects of chemical cleaners, you can use natural ingredients that already exist in your kitchen to clean the house. In addition to not endanger health, the price is cheap and easy to obtain. Here homemade floor cleaning solution is safe to use.
Olive Oil and White Vinegar
Maybe you think that olive oil can make the floor oilier. But the reality is not. Olive oil works to clean wood floors to be cleaner, shiny and look like new.
- Make a solution of warm water, olive oil, and vinegar. Then clean the floor with the solution.
Lemon Juice and White Vinegar
For those of you who have tile or ceramic floors, you can use lemon. Lemons have acidic fluids that help clean and kill bacteria. This mixture makes the floor looks shiny. The unpleasant smell of vinegar will be absorbed by the lemon when the floor is dry.
- Combine white vinegar, lemon juice, and water to mop the floor. The lemon scent will refresh the air at home. Pure lemon juice can be used to remove the remaining soap and water crust in the bathroom or kitchen sink.
Vinegar is suitable for cleaning wood floors. Vinegar becomes one of the powerful natural ingredients to make the floor surface cleaner. Vinegar is a mild disinfectant that kills bacteria and germs.
- Put the vinegar into the cup, just half a cup. Then mix in a bucket of warm water. Dirt on the floor will be easily lifted with this liquid.
Currently, baking soda is often used as a multi purpose material in cleaning the room in the house. Baking soda can replace the bathroom cleaning powder to clean the floors and the bathtub as well as the sink without leaving scratches. The function of baking soda is to clean the yellow crust on the bathroom floor. Baking soda can also remove oily stains and lines on the surface of the floor.
- Take baking soda and sprinkle it on parts of the floor that are difficult to clean. Next, take a wet mop and wipe the section. This method can remove stubborn stains that stick to the floor surface so it looks shiny.
Pine oil is one type of vegetable oil derived from the processing of pine tree parts and has a function as an antiseptic because it can kill various types of microorganisms. Pine oil is often used as an aromatherapy, cleaning products to lubricants.
- This natural oil has a natural character as a deodorant agent (deodorizing) and is antibacterial. To make a cleaning solution with this oil is to mix ¼ cup of pine oil and water in a bucket.