Do you use wooden flooring at home? In order for the durability of your wood floors more durable, wood floors must be treated and cleaned properly. Cleaning wooden flooring is not hard to do. You just need special knowledge so that your wood floor is not damaged because of the wrong cleaning. It takes a special floor cleaner to keep the wooden floor in your home from shrinking, expanding or other signs of damage. However, you should also avoid the use of cleaner fluids made from chemicals because it can damage the color and texture slowly. The use of chemical cleaning fluids can sometimes have a negative impact on health. To be more secure, there is no harm if you make your own wood floor cleaner liquid from natural ingredients. Then, how to make the safe homemade wood floor cleaner?
Homemade wood floor cleaner products are commonly used these days. This homemade floor cleaner is made from materials that are already available at home and used every day. You can use a mixture of warm water and lemon juice. Continue reading to know more details.
TOOLS and MATERIALS:
(Dosage can be adjusted to the area of wood floor to be cleaned)
- 2 liters of warm water
- 60 ml of lemon juice
- 60 ml of white vinegar
- 90 ml of olive oil
- Sponge / Tool mop
- Dry cloth
- Sweep first your floor to facilitate the process of mopping. Do not use a broom with coarse feather. Straw feathers on a broom can damage the floor surface. Sweep in the direction of the wooden floor to allow you to lift any dirt that enters between the grooves of the wooden floor pieces. Make sure all corners are also free from piles of dirt and dust. If necessary, check again to make sure that the floor condition is clean of dust. You can also use a vacuum to facilitate and speed up the dust removal process.
- Pour 2 liters of warm water into the bucket. Then add lemon juice. Stir the two ingredients to mix evenly. This mixture of hot water and lemon juice can be used as a natural antiseptic.
- Once blended, add white vinegar to the bucket. Stir again to mix well. White vinegar is very useful to remove stubborn stains if your wood floor is stained which causes the floor to be dull.
- The last ingredient to add is olive oil. Olive oil is a very powerful material to polish wood floor surfaces. Stir the ingredients to form a slightly viscous liquid.
- Now it is time to use the cleaner fluid you have made. Dip the sponge into the bucket and squeeze until the sponge is moist, not wet. Then wipe the sponge all over the floor surface evenly.
- After all the floor surfaces have been wiped, you should wipe them again using a dry cloth. Wipe your floor in a circular motion but gently.
Sponge rather than Mop
Sponge is actually more advisable for you to use when cleaning wood floors. This is because the floor will be easier to clean and dry faster when compared with a cloth. Use a sponge to clean the wood floor first and then clean it with a dry cloth to speed up the drying process. But if your room is wide enough and you are not sure you want to use a sponge, then it is fine to use a mop.