Peel and stick vinyl tile flooring comes to presents the interior of your home more attractive and beautiful. Vinyl flooring is a great choice for people who have no experience in home improvement because the installation process is very simple and easy for beginners. Vinyl flooring can also be used as a substitute in the use of floor rugs. The advantages of vinyl tile flooring are “peel and stick” system. Vinyl floors are almost the same as stickers that need only to be glued so it is possible not to shift or prevent water from seeping onto the floor. In addition, this floor requires a very low cost, flexible, anti bacterial also resistant to scratches.
I have tried to apply the use of vinyl flooring in one of the areas in my room. I am trying to create a shabby chic room with ethnic and retro touches. These patterned floors are not tiles but vinyl tile flooring that works like a coating sticker. Vinyl tile flooring became the most appropriate choice because I wanted to change the look of the floor with the patterned tiles but I did not have much budget to call the professional and buy the material.
Floor coating stickers are made of two types of materials, namely ritrama and vinyl. Stickers made of ritrama produced in the form of sheets measuring 100 x 100 cm. The vinyl material is produced in the form of smaller pieces of 30 x 30 cm. This sticker is given a layer of latex so it is more durable and scratch resistant.
Stickers can also be applied to the wall, wood, and glass. In addition, to beautify the floor, the sticker serves as a wall sticker. However, there is a difference between stickers applied on the floor and walls. For the installation of floor stickers, the laminate used is doff. As for the wall stickers use glossy laminate. If the glossy is placed on the floor then the sticker will become slippery and uncomfortable when stepped on. Floor stickers generally last up to a year but depend on usage. It does not matter if the sticker is exposed to water but it is strongly recommended that the sticker is not exposed to water for too long. This is because water can remove the glue layer so stickers are easy to peel. Then wipe immediately if you spill water on the vinyl floor. Therefore, stickers cannot be used in the bathroom or outdoor area. If you’re interested in trying to install your own vinyl floor, read the following steps as a guide.
Step 1: Measure and order your vinyl floor
- Use a room meter to get an accurate measurement. In general, order the vinyl tile flooring more than your room size needs.
Step 2: Clean your floor
- If your floor is ceramic, then you just need to clean it. But if it is carpet, then remove it. Then make sure your floor surface is flat.
Step 3: Install the first piece of vinyl tile flooring
- Once your floor is clean, the next step is to apply glue on the floor surface. Then place the vinyl tile flooring. For sturdy vinyl flooring (VCT or vinyl composition tiles), place each piece regularly in a row. Press the vinyl floor down to adhere with the glue. Do not shift the pieces because this action will attract the adhesive substance.
Step 4: Continue the installation of vinyl flooring
- Repeat this process until the entire floor is covered with vinyl tile pieces.
Step 5: Work completion phase
- Wait a few hours for your vinyl tile adhesive and flooring to fit perfectly.