Many people use tiles for flooring in their homes. Even tile is not only used as floor but also it can be used to coat the wall of the house. To keep the tile luster, of course, you have to do routine maintenance. Tile flooring maintenance is very easy. One way you can do is to clean the tile surface in the right way. When you find a stain, dust, clean it up. If dirt or stains are left then your tile’s luster will disappear and be covered by stubborn stains that are hard to remove. If this happens, then, of course, that will reduce the beauty of your floor. In addition, routine maintenance activities at least twice a week can help you maintain luster and surface cleanliness. Here are the steps you need to do.
Basic Tile Floor Maintenance:
- The first step is to remove dust and dirt that accumulate using a vacuum cleaner or mop dust. If you find dirt left in the wet area, it can quickly turn into the dirt that is difficult to clean.
- After the first step is complete, the next step is to wipe the surface of the tile flooring using a damp cloth. Soak the cloth in warm water that has been given a cleaning solution and wring it out. Wipe it all over the floor. Use a high absorbent fabric such as a microfiber rag. You can also make your own natural cleaning solution using lemon juice mixture.
- Repeat mopping the floor to remove any stickiness that may result from the use of lemon juice. Lemon juice works as an antiseptic, fragrances, and natural cleanser that is environmentally friendly and does not endanger health. At this stage, you will only need clean water without any detergent or cleaning solution.
- Then repeat wipe the floor using a dry cloth to speed up the drying of the floor.
How to clean the mold on the tile floor:
If you use a tile as a bathroom floor, then it is possible for the growth of fungus. The solution you can do is to use an ammonia solution. Here are the steps:
- Wear a pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- Prepare a mixture of water and ammonia with a ratio of 50:50. Stir to mix them well.
- Then, rub the affected part of the floor using a solution of ammonia. Rub it gently in one direction.
- Rinse with clean water.
- If the fungus still has not disappeared completely, do the same until your floor is completely clean.
Always maintaining the tile floor cleanliness is the most basic treatment. Never allow stains on soy sauce, animal piss, water or anything else to be there for a long time. In addition to these stains can remove the luster of your floor, you also have to work extra to remove stubborn stains.